Astor can electroplate any base metal including aluminium, stainless steel, mild steel, brass, copper and NEW die cast zinc alloy.
So which based metal do you use? This is largely dependent upon the detail and profile, aesthetic desires and also what is available in the market. We are always happy to help advise on this before any specification, quoting or fabrication. Below are some guides to help;
- Aluminium: frames, panels, signage, castings, laser cut screens, partition systems, furniture, angle, channel, flat bar, lighting
- Mild steel: Structural, laser cut screens, furniture frames, components, tube, flat bar,
- Stainless steel: handrails, furniture, shelving, panels, doorware & architectural hardware, castings, panels
- For large surface areas/ panels specified as mirror/ polished finish, we recommend to use BA stainless.
- For large surface areas/ panels specified for aged or pearl finishes, 2B stainless (1.2 – 1,6mm) or scratch-free aluminium (1.2 – 1.6mm)
- For antique or brushed, we recommend to use brushed #4 stainless
For exterior application and where in direct contact with water, we recommend to use stainless substrate. For brass finishes in harsh wear, we recommend brass as the base metal.